What is the purpose of stock bridge damper:
Stockbridge damper is used to control or suppress the wind induced vibration of overhead conductors. The Stockbridge damper targets oscillations due to aeolian vibration; it is less effective outside this amplitude and Get More Electrical Concept And Interview Questions By Using This Link
frequency range. Aeolian vibration is nothing but winding induced oscillation which has amplitude of millimeters to centimeters and a frequency of 3 to 150 Hz. Aeolian vibration causes damaging stress fatigue to the cable. It causes failure of conductor strands. It is connected at two end of the transmission power line span. The vibration damper has a length of steel messenger cable. Two metallic weights are attached to the ends of the messenger cable. The center clamp, which is attached to the messenger cable, is used to install the vibration damper onto the overhead conductor.
Please Watch the Video of Stock damping Testing Cable Layed:
Video of Stock damping on ACSR Conductor:
- Why Does Bird Not Get Shock on Transmission lines?
- Why Earthing Transformer are used
- Why in India 11kV, 22kV, 33kV, 66kV, 132kV…
- Why India has 50 Hz Power System and US has 60 Hz 110 Volts Power System
- Why PT and CT Terminals are Star Connected
- Why PT burden is high Compare with CT burden?
- Why Slip ring Induction motor is preferred for High starting Torque application
- Why Star delta starters are preferred for higher HP motor
- Why Tertiary Winding is used in transformer?
- Why transformer Rating in KVA exact answer
- Why VFD Duty Motor Frame Size is Higher Than Normal Motor
- Why we should not give dc supply to Transformer
- Why Zig-Zag Winding Transformer Used