What is Potential Gradient:
Potential gradient is nothing but the rate of change of electric potential with respect to displacement. It is also called as dielectric stress or voltage stress. Consider an object X is placed near to the high voltage line and L is the distance between the object X and the high voltage conductor,
Unit of the Potential gradient is Volt/meter typically V/m
Refer the graph between the Potential gradient and distance
When the distance of the object is less or near to the high voltage conductor the potential gradient is high, when you increase the distance the same decreases. At the same time when you increase the voltage the potential gradient also increases.
Significance of Potential gradient:
- While Making a safe cable, the dielectric strength of the insulation provided must be more than value of potential gradient.
- Grading is a process of achieving uniform dielectric stress or voltage gradient
- In Power system the magnitude of potential gradient is depending upon the resistivity and fault current. If the magnitude is high, then it may affect the person by step and touch potential.
Video Explanation in Hindi:
- What is Ground Fault and Earth Fault
- Alternating Current Easy to Understand For Student
- Basic Concept of DC Generator and Types of DC generator
- Basic Concept of Transformer
- Different Types of duties in motor construction
- Difference Between Current Transformer & Voltage Transformer
- Difference Between Inter Turn Short And Internal Short
- Difference between Surge Arrester, Lightning Arrester and Lightning Rod
- Difference Between Voltage and EMF
- Electrical Panel & Types of Electrical Panels used In Industry
Do You Want any Article related to electrical Topic, Comment Us with the Topic Name and We provide it for you..