Why in India 11kV, 22kV, 33kV, 66kV, 132kV….
This is all the electrical engineer must know, why in India 11kV, 22kV, 33kV, 66kV, 132kV like that we have different level of voltages. Normally people say it is due to the sinusoidal form factor, the form factor is equal to 1.11, but thats wrong let see….
What is Form Factor: sinusoidal.
Form Factor= RMS/Average = 1.11
But if we multiply
10 KV X 1.11 = 11.1 KV
20KV X 1.11 = 22.2 KV
30 KV X 1.11 = 33.3 kv
60 KV X 1.11= 66.6 KV
100KV X 1.11 = 111KV
120 KV X 1.11 = 133.2KV
Here you see the third digit extension. That why this concept is actually wrong. This is not a correct way to say. Let see…the correct way.
- Purpose of Chokes in Tube Light
- Main Purpose of Damper Winding in Generator
- Why Capacitors Use As High Voltage Protection
- Why CT secondary should not Open condition- Live Test Demo
- Why Does Bird Not Get Shock on Transmission lines?
- Why India has 50 Hz Power System and US has 60 Hz 110 Volts Power System
Transmission company in take to deliver at the receiving end 10 kv, 20 kv, 30 kv,120 kv like that, this is their ultimate aim. So that we know the transmission loss and voltage drop due to the line resistance. So the planned to deliver 10 % as extra to match the transmission loss and line drop. So that they plan at sending end 110% of actual, means
10 KV X 110% = 11 KV
20KV X 110% = 22 KV
30 KV X 110% = 33 KV
60 KV X 110% = 66 KV
100KV X 110% = 110KV
120 KV X 110% = 132KV
Here the 10 % consider as line drop. Thats why in India 11kV, 22kV, 33kV, 66kV, 132kV