Where we should use:
The name DOL Starter is called as Direct online starter. Less than 10 HP motor we can use DOL starter. Some of the Pump application like emergency backup pumps, firefighting pumps etc. I have used the same setup upto 125 KW.
Direct 415 V will be applied to the 3 phase motor or any unit. Motor’s connection is depending upon the application requirement. It may be star or delta (in most of the cases delta connection are used).
Push button: 4 (Stop=2/start=2)
Push Button NO: 2
Push button NC: 2
Also see: what is meant by no and nc
3 ways 3 pole Selector switch (salzer make is better): 1
Indication lamb: 3 reds, 2 yellow, 2 green,
OLR thermal overload relay: 1
Power Contactor: 1
Control contactor: 1
Cable 4 sqmm multi stand flexible copper cable: 5 meter each colour R, Y, B
Cable 1.5 Sqmm multi stand Flexible Copper cable: Required
Connector mounting C channel: 2 full length
Control NO: 2, Control NC: 2
Starter control panel: 1 Size minimum LXDXH (400X150X400)
Remote control panel: 1 size 300X150X300
Note: Select the range as per your requirement
How does the circuit Work:
- Here MCB uses to control the input supply into the circuit.
- OLR NO uses to protect the power circuit
- We can switch off the circuit by using OFF the push button
- SSW- Selector Switch Select any one of the position (Local or Remote or DCS)
- Local- Control the starter from panel push button, Remote – Control from motor/Load near control panel and DCS- Distributed Control System – Controls from PC
- K3 contactor work as Contact multiplier.
- K3 NO1, K3 NO3 and KO NO2 work as Potential free contact.
Take MPCB, Contactor and OLR range as per your Load current of your application.
- Build or construct the Control circuit as shown in the figure
- Do commissioning on control circuit (first check control circuit)
- Once completed, Make Power connection.
- Take Trail
- Enjoy ……
Thanking You….Have a Nice Day
Do You Want any Article related to electrical Topic, Comment Us with the Topic Name and We provide it for you..