Electrical Supervisor License Telangana – Eligibility and Application Process
In order to obtain the Electrical Supervisor License in Telangana, you need to write the Competency Certificate examination.
This is conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Hyderabad, on behalf of the Chief Electrical Inspector of Government/ Chairman T.S., Electrical Licensing Board,T.S., Hyderabad, under the Central Electricity Authority Regulations Act, 2010.
Eligibility for Electrical Supervisor Examination
- Must be a 10th grader or its equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years of experience is required in the practice of electrical installation work, duly certified by a Firm / Contactor.
- A wireman or electrician with an I.T.I Certificate with 4 years of experience in the practice of electrical installation work.
For the candidate seeking admission to the Electrical Supervisor (Mines) Examination should have
- From the abovementioned 4 years of experience, a minimum of 2 years of experience is needed in underground mines, duly certified by a firm or contractor.
Also,all the experience certificates shall be attested by an Electrical Engineer in TS TRANSCO/TS GENCO/TS DISCOMS or Electrical Inspectorate not below the rank of Deputy Divisional Engineer or Deputy Electrical Inspector respectively.
The candidate should be 23 years of age or older at the time of applying.
Application form download
- Keep track on the website http://sbtet.telangana.gov.in (SBTET Portal) for the notification. Once it is out, you can download it from the same portal.
- i) For Supervisor
1.Government Polytechnic, Masab Tank, Hyderabad.
2 J.N. Govt.Polytechnic, Ramanthapur, Hyderabad.
- Govt. Polytechnic, Warangal.
- Govt. Polytechnic, Nizamabad.
- Govt. Polytechnic, Mahabubnagar.
- Govt. Poly, Adilabad.
- Dr.BRAGMR Poly, Karimnagar.
- Govt. Polytechnic, Kothagudem, Khammam Dist.
- SS Govt. Polytechnic, Zaheerabad, Medak Dist.
- Govt. Polytechnic, Nalgonda
- ii) For Supervisor (Mines)
- Govt. Polytechnic, Kothagudem
1600/- ( Subjected to change every year)
How to Apply Examination
- Fill in the application form that you downloaded from the SBTET Portal.
- Next, you need to take a DD for the examination fees.
The Demand Draft (DD) can be issued by either Andhra Bank, State Bank of India, Syndicate Bank, Canara Bank, or any nationalised bank.
- Now, send the application form and all required documents (refer Documents Section) through ordinary post ( with Rs 15/- stamp) or registered post (Rs 30/- stamp) with an envelope size of 11 cm x 25 cm, addressed to Chief Superintendent/Principal of the examination centres given above.
Carry the application form and all required documents (refer Documents Section), to the nearest college specified above and submit your application.
- Your application form will be reviewed first by a junior assistant, followed by an electrical inspector, and finally by the member secretary.
- If the application is accepted in all three phases, you will be issued an admit card for the examination.
- You then need to appear and give your examination. The examination will be for two days.
Day 1: Paper – I :Electrical (Theory) Elementary knowledge.
Paper-II -Electricity Utilization.
For Supervisor (Mines) you need to do Paper I along with Paper III – Mines Installation.
Day 2: You will have practicals and Viva.
- Once the results are out and you are qualified, you will receive the licence/permit/ceritificate of Electrical Supervisor.
- The candidate is a citizen of India.
- Self declaration on your behalf.
- Conduct Certificate from the registered company you are working for.
- Practical work experience as an Electrical Workman.( certified by the firm or licensed contractor).
- Scanned copy of your passport photograph.
- Examination Challan amount in the form of a Demand Draft.
- Age Proof and address proof Certificate.
- NCVT certificate
NOTE: All the scanned copies must be below 450 KB.