Wireman License Telangana – Eligibility and Application Process
In order to obtain a wireman’s license in Telangana, you need to write the “Wireman Competency” Certificate examination.
This is conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Hyderabad, on behalf of the Chief Electrical Inspector of Government/ Chairman T.S., Electrical Licensing Board,T.S., Hyderabad, under the Central Electricity Authority Regulations Act, 2010.
Eligibility Wireman License
- The applicant should be a 10th pass.
- The applicant should have a minimum of four years of experience, duly certified by a firm or a licensed electrical contractor.
All the experience certificates must be attested by an Electrical Engineer not below the rank of Deputy Electrical Inspector/Divisional Engineer in TS TRANSCO/TS GENCO/TS DISCOMS or Deputy Electrical Inspector in the Electrical Inspectorate Department.
The applicant should be 21 years of age at the time of applying.
Application form download
- Keep track on the website http://sbtet.telangana.gov.in (SBTET Portal) for the notification. Once it is out, you can download it from the same portal.
Wireman License Examination Centers
- Government Polytechnic, Masab Tank, Hyderabad.
- J.N. Govt.Polytechnic, Ramanthapur, Hyderabad.
- Govt. Polytechnic, Warangal.
- Govt. Polytechnic, Nizamabad.
- Govt. Polytechnic, Mahabubnagar.
- Govt. Poly, Adilabad.
- Dr.BRAGMR Poly, Karimnagar.
- Govt. Polytechnic, Kothagudem, Khammam Dist.
- SS Govt. Polytechnic, Zaheerabad, Medak Dist.
- Govt. Polytechnic, Nalgonda.
1100/- (Fees once paid will not be refunded)
The Process for Applying and Giving the Examination
- Fill in the application form that you downloaded from the SBTET Portal.
- Next, you need to take a DD for the examination fees.
The Demand Draft (DD) can be issued by either Andhra Bank, State Bank of India, Syndicate Bank, Canara Bank, or any nationalized bank.
- Now, send the application form and all required documents (refer Documents Section) through ordinary post ( with Rs 15/- stamp) or registered post (Rs 30/- stamp) with an envelope size of 11 cm x 25 cm, addressed to the Chief Superintendent/Principal of the examination centres stated above.
Carry the application form and all required documents (refer Documents Section) to the nearest college specified above and submit your application.
- Your application form will be reviewed first by a junior assistant, followed by an electrical inspector, and finally by the member secretary.( A group of scrutiny officers for the exam).
- If the application is accepted in all three phases, you will be issued an admit card for the examination.
- You then need to appear and give your examination. The examination will consist of two tests one practical and the other oral.
02 Hours – Test on machine connections with starters (A.C only).
04 Hours – Wiring Installations( Domestic, agricultural, and industrial below 30KW).
The questions are asked from the entire syllabus.
To pass the examination, the candidate must secure at least 40/80 marks in the practicals and 10/20 marks in the oral tests, respectively,
- Once the results are out and you are qualified, you will receive the licence/permit/certificate of wireman.
- The candidate is a citizen of India.
- Self declaration on your behalf.
- Conduct Certificate from the registered company you are working for.
- Practical work experience as an Electrical Workman.( certified by the firm or licensed contractor).
- Scanned copy of your passport photograph.
- Examination Challan amount in the form of a Demand Draft.
- Age Proof and address proof Certificate.
- NCVT certificate
NOTE: All the scanned copies must be below 450 KB