Apply Electrical License in Assam, Wireman, Supervisor, Contractor
The Inspectorate of Electricity (IEC) in Assam will take care of all the safety and regulations for all organisations and individuals involved in the production, transmission, distribution, and use of electrical energy.
There is a sub division in the department called the Electrical Licensing Board that takes care of all the functions like issuing the licenses, conducting the exams, and so on. Let’s see the various electrical licenses one can apply for in the state of Assam.
Eligibility for a Supervisor’s License
- The candidate must have an Indian residence.
- Class VII Workmen’s Permit is required.
- Should have a degree or diploma in electrical engineering.
- Should have ten years of experience in electrical work.
- The minimum age requirement is 21 years.
- To acquire the application form is Rs 100/-
- To give the examination is Rs 50/-
- Renewal of the certificate within the allotted period is Rs30/-
- Renewal of the certificate after one year of expiry is Rs 20/- and Rs 30/-
- Renewal of the certificate within five years of expiry is Rs 20/- for each year and Rs 30/-
- Issue of the duplicate certificate is Rs 50/-
Eligibility for a Wireman’s License
- The applicant must have an Indian residence.
- Should be an ITI pass electrician with 4 years of experience.
- Should have the NCVT certificate as proof of your practical training.
- The minimum age of the applicant should be 18 years.
- To acquire the application form is Rs 50/-
- To give the examination is Rs 25/-
- Renewal of the certificate within the allotted period is Rs 20/-
- Renewal of the certificate after one year of expiry is Rs 20/- and Rs 20/-
- Renewal of the certificate within five years of expiry is Rs 20/- for each year and Rs 20/-
- Issue of the duplicate certificate is Rs 25/-
Eligibility for a Contractor’s License
- The applicant must be an Indian resident.
- Should have his residence in Assam only.
- Minimum qualification is a tenth class pass.
- The applicant must be 21 years of age or older.
- The fees to be paid are prescribed by the government at the time of application.
- Any firm, company, or any individual can apply for the license with all the necessary equipment.
How Should We Pay the Fees?
- The prescribed amount must be paid into the government bank account in the State of Assam under “ 0043 – Taxes and Duties on Electricity, Sub-head 102- Fees, under the Indian Electricty Rules”.
- Once you pay the amount, you will be given a copy of challan.
- Recent passport photos in four copies.
- Self declaration form signed by you.
- Experience certificate as an electrician under a contractor or registered business.
- Copy of the challan
- Age verification certificate (birth certificate,PAN Card, school leaving certificate, Aadhar Card)
- Address proof (residence certificate or Aadhar card)
- The application form will be online from where you can download it.
- The website is :https://cei.assam.gov.in/electrical-licensing-board.
- Take a printout of the form.
- Complete the application form and attach all the required documents (refer to the above section).
- A copy of the challan should also be included.
- You need to sign the application form in front of an employer or the gazetted officer.
- Take all these documents and walk to the Secretary/Senior Electrical Inspector at the Zonal Office and submit the application.
- After that, an electrical inspector will review your application.
- Once it has been approved, the member secretary will review the application.
- Once accepted, both the license ( for contactors) and the admit card ( for supervisors and wiremen) will be given out.
- The applicant needs to give the exam and will get the license.
- If you are applying for a duplicate copy, the procedure is the same as above. Along with this, you need to give the reasons for the loss.
- Any incomplete or false applications will not be accepted.
Government of Assam Power
Mr. Niraj Verma, IAS,
Power (Electricity) Department
Assam Secretariat, Dispur, Guwahati-06.
Phone No:- 0361-2237260