How to Apply Electrical Supervisor License in Bihar, Procedure, Form
Anyone performing electrical installation work in Bihar must have a license as an electrical supervisor. The electricity in the state is taken care of by the Bihar State Power Holding Company Limited (BSPHCL). The BSPHCL website link: https://www.bsphcl.co.in/. The state’s electricity is divided into North Bihar Zone and South Bihar Zone.
When you visit the above website, you will get all the electricity works and power distributions of Bihar State. Keep track of the notifications for the supervisor’s license on the website or you can go to the nearest licensing board office in your district. Let us look at the eligibility and application process in this article.
Who is Eligible?
The applicant who is applying for the electrical supervisor license
Can be a person who has a degree in Electrical Engineering.
Can be a person who is a diploma holder and should have a minimum of 2 years of experience in electrical work.
Can be a person with an ITI degree and a minimum of four years of experience in electrical installations.
Can be a SSC pass person with at least 6 years of experience in electrical work and installations.
- Educational Qualification Certificates
- Character certificate from any official who has known you for 5 years.
- Address proof (Rental Agreement / Ration Card)
- Receipt of the payment of the prescribed fees.
- Three recent passport size photos
- Copy of Aadhar card
- Date of birth certificate
- The age limit for applying for the license is 21 years.
- First time issuing of the license, fees will be Rs 100/-
- Renewal fees before the stated time period is Rs 25/-
- Renewal fees after the stated time period are Rs 100/- along with a penalty of Rs 10/-
- Fees to issue a duplicate or second copy of license is Rs 100/-
- Take the required documents to the nearby licensing board office.
- Take the application form and fill it in as prescribed.
- Attach all the required documents to the application form and submit it to the office.
- The application will go through a scrutiny check and, once verified you will be given the admit card.
- Give the examination.
- Once the results are out, you will be granted the license.
- The license will be issued in 3 months.
- No written test
- You need to give an oral test.
- You also need to show your practical work in electrical installations.
Validity and Renewal of the License
- The license is valid for a time span of three years.
- After that, you need to renew it every three years.
Issuing a Duplicate Copy of the License
- When the issued license of a person is lost or damaged, he/she can apply for a duplicate license.
- Take an affidavit stating the reasons for the lost or damaged license.
- Walk to the Secretary,Licensing Board and submit the affidavit along with the prescribed fee payment receipt and all other required documents.
- Your application will be verified and if all the reasons stated are correct, you will be issued the duplicate or a second license.
Electrical Supervisor License Holder From Other State
- If you are a person who already has an Electrical Supervisor License issued by another state, you can take your license to the nearby Licensing Board office in the district, fill in the application form, pay a fee of Rs 250/- and submit the form.
- Once the application is verified, you will get the license to work in Bihar.
The Head Quarters of the Electricity Board
1st floor, Vidyut Bhawan,
Jawaharlal Nehru Marg,Bailey Raod
Patna, Bihar – 800001
Phone no : 0612-2504036