Electrical Contractor’s License Haryana – All the Details You Need to Know
Any person who wishes to take up electrical projects like installations of lifts, transformers, or maintenance should have an electrical contractor license issued by the government of Haryana. The License related works like granting the license, conducting exams and having a regular check of all these is taken care by Chief Electrical Inspector Department, Haryana.
The applicant will be granted a Class A Electrical Contractors License in Haryana. In this article, let us look at the qualifications required, the application process, and all the details for applying for the electrical contractor license.
- The individual or a firm should have its operating office in Haryana, Chandigarh, or New Delhi.
- The applicant should employ
- At least one supervisor with a competency certificate granted by the Licensing Board, Haryana for the respective voltage level the applicant has applied for.Two supervisors will be needed for the EHT voltage level.
- One wireman for medium level voltage, two wireman for upto HT Voltage level and three wireman for EHT Voltage level.
- Should have the below stated equipment with the ISI mark on them in working condition.
- 500V, 0-50 mega Insulation Megger
- An Earth tester with a testing kit and a scale from 0 to 1
- Two neon testers
- 45 to 55 Hz Frequeny meters
- Tong Tester 0-800A
- AC/DC Multimeter ( Digital Type)
- Two pairs of rubber hand gloves while working with electricity.
- Two pairs of heated pliers
- All wiring tools and other equipment that the board may deem necessary.
- Some other equipment is necessary for the HT and EHT Voltage levels that will be mentioned at the time of applying by the Licensing Board, Haryana.
- The applicant should have adequate drawing office facilities for producing blueprints, drawings, and all other documentation.
- The applicant should also have a library.
- The applicant should also submit the balance sheet of the firm for the last three years at the time of applying.
- Upto MV ( 650V) – turn over should be a minimum of 15 lakhs in at least one of the three years.
- Upto HT voltage level – Turn over should be a minimum of 50 Lakhs in at least one of the three years.
- Upto EHT Voltage level – Turn over should be a minimum of 1 crore in at least one of the three years.
- An amount of Rs 2305/- should be paid as fees to any of the Haryana Treasury branches in the name of “Head of account,0043 – 51-800-99-51-Taxes and Duties on electricity,other receipts”.
- The cut off age for the applicant should be 21 years old.
- Declaration stating that the firm / company is not backlisted
- Business registration proof
- Proof of Residence
- PAN Card, Sales Tax and Service Tax Number must be submitted
- Government fees Challan receipt
- Attested copied from the Supevior and wireman with their PAN card, Aadhar Card and photos
- All partners / directors PAN Card, Aadhar Card and Photos
The Application Process
The applicant can apply either through online or offline mode at the centers present in every district.
- Visit the web portal using the link:https://egovservices.in/#/
- Click on “ Register” and enter all the necessary information.
- Select the license type you are applying for. Here it is Electrical Contactor
- A username link will be sent to your email. Click on it and go to the sign-in page.
- Now, click Sign in and enter your email and password.
- Now , complete the profile information as required and press the Save button
- Follow the instructions that appear on screen and submit your application form.
- The application will go through a scrutiny check nd once verified , you will be granted the license.
- Check the notification address frequently in order to download the license.
- The applicant should visit the CSC center present in every district of Haryana
- Go to the kiosk operator and obtain the application form
- Take all the required documents in a scanned format.
- The kiosk operator will now fill in your application online and submit it.
- Upon successful submission, you will be given an acknowledgement number.
- Now, you need to pay the fees and collect the receipt.
- The application, after being verified, will be granted the license.
- Use the acknowledgement number to get the license from the center
- The processing time for the license issuance is 3 months.
- The license is valid until the applicant attains the age of 65 years
The Duplicate Copy
- If the license granted is lost or damaged, the applicant must complete the application form for issuing a duplicate copy according to the above stated procedure.
- One should also submit a letter with the causes of the damage or loss.
Chief Electrical Inspector Department, Haryana
SCO NO 117-118,
Top Floor, Sector 17-B,
Phone : 0172-2704090
Email : cei_goh[at]yahoo[dot]com