Everything You Need to Know About The Goa Electrical Contractor’s License
To complete electrical projects that will be assigned by the government, an electrical contractor’s number, also known as a license number, is crucial.In this special article, let us have a look at all the requirements and documents that are mandatory for anyone to apply for the Electrical Contractor License in Goa.
Who Can Apply ?
There will be different types of licenses you can apply for or upgrade from an existing license.
- For Class I A –
- Two electrical engineers, one with 15 years of experience and the other with 5 years, should be employed.
- Two diploma degree holders with 10 years of experience
- For Class IB-
- one electrical engineering degree holder with ten years of experience, and the other is a 15-year electrical engineering diploma holder.
- For Class II-
- one electrical engineering degree holder with 5-years of experience and the other is a 15-year electrical engineering diploma holder.
- For Class III-
- one electrical engineering degree holder from a recognised university and a 5-year electrical engineering diploma holder.
Paperwork that One Must Carry
- Government prescribed fee receipt (original challan)
- Three passport photographs and an affidavit
- Envelope having the address of the applicant
- Identitiy Proof ( Aadhar Card, Voter’s ID, or Driving License)
- PAN card copy
- Address Proof copy (passbook issued by a bank or post office, a rental agreement or ration card)
- Experience certificates for earlier works that have been attested by a gazetted official
- Copies of installation work certificates for EHT,HT and LT ( if applicable)
What and Where Are the Fees to Be Paid to Obtain the License?
- The prescribed fee amount stated by the government of Goa
- For the initial issuance of the license, the amount to be paid is Rs. 2500/-
- For renewal of the license before the stipulated time, a different amount will be due based on the voltage level at which you work
- 220KV – Rs 2500/-
- 110KV – Rs 2000/-
- 33KV – Rs 1000/-
- 11KV – Rs 600/-
- 660V – Rs 400/-
- Renewal of the license after the stipulated time will be double the amount specified above.
- For issuing a duplicate copy , the amount to be paid is Rs 50/-
- You should pay the prescribed fee in the form of a treasury challan at the State Bank of India, treasury branch, Panaji.
- The fees, once deposited, cannot be refunded.
The Steps Involved in Applying for the License
- The application form will be available at the office of the member secretary,Licensing Board, and Electricity Department.
- Next, fill in the application form as requested.
- All the documents required for completing the procedure for applying should be brought with you. ( both originals and photocopies).
- Refer to the paperwork section in this article for more understanding.
- The fees must also be paid in the treasury challan and the original receipt should also be attached to the application form.
- Take the duly filled application form and attach all the required documents and submit it to the office.
- The application form will be reviewed by the relevant authorities and you will be informed regarding the status of your license.
- You can go to the office to get the license after you have received the notification.
The time Period for Issuing the License
- The Member Secretary, Licensing Board office, will take 3 months to grant you the license after you give your submission.
What is the Validity of the License?
- The license will be initially issued for a time period of 5 years, after which you should get it renewed.
How to Get a Duplicate Copy of the License ?
- You are free to apply for a second license if the current license is lost or damaged.
- You need to state the reasons for the same and fill in a fresh application and submit it to the office.
- You must pay the stated fee and you will get the license after the verification is completed.
- Member Secretary, Licensing Board
Vidyut bhavan, 2nd floor