How to Apply Electrical Contractor License Bihar, Application, Criteria, Form
In Bihar, an electrical contractor’s license is required to take up electrical projects and bid for government projects in the field of electricity. The Bihar State Power Holding Company Limited (BSPHCL) is responsible for providing power to the state. It also takes care of how electricity is generated and transmitted in the state. Power in the state is split into two zones: the North Bihar Zone and the South Bihar Zone. The website address is https://www.bsphcl.co.in/.
You can find out about all the electrical projects and distribution systems present in Bihar State by visiting the website mentioned above. Visit the nearest licensing board office in your district to keep up with notifications for the contractor’s license, or keep an eye on them on the website. Let’s examine the requirements and application procedure to apply for an electrical contractor’s license.
Who is Eligible to Apply for a Contractor’s License?
Any individual should have a firm to apply for the license.
Any private limited company or any proprietorship can also apply for the same.
Should employ at least one supervisor with a competency certificate and at least two wireman permits to work.
Should have all the instruments and equipment given by the Licensing Board in working condition and submit them for verification when needed.
What is the Age Requirement?
The age limit of the applicant should be 21 years old at the time of applying.
What Documents Must Be Submitted With the Application?
- Academic qualification memo
- Two people who have known you for five years will give your moral character.
- Rental agreement or ration card as evidence of your address proof.
- Receipt of the treasury challan as prescribed fees.
- Three copies of recent passport size photographs.
- Copy of your Aadhar card
- Date of Birth certificate
How Much in Fees Should We Pay?
- The fees for the first time issuance of the license is Rs250/-
- Before the specified time period, the renewal fee of Rs 75/- must be paid.
- After the specified time period, renewal fees of Rs 250/- must be paid.
- A second or duplicate copy can be obtained by paying an amount of 250/-
What is the Process for Applying for a Contractor’s License?
- Bring all the necessary paperwork to the licensing board office.
- Pick up the application form and complete it as directed.
- The application form must be submitted to the office along with any necessary supporting documentation.
- Your application will be scrutinized and will go for verification.
- You will need to submit the competency certificate and workmen permit of your supervisor and wireman.
- If asked for verification, you need to get your supervisor and wireman for an interview.
- You will be given the license if your application is accepted after all the above steps.
When Can We Expect to Receive Our License?
The license will be granted within three months after the application is submitted.
What is the Validity of the License?
The license will be issued initially for a lifetime until the person is 65 years of age.
How Can We Get a Second License or a Duplicate Copy?
- If a person’s issued license is destroyed or lost, they can always request a duplicate license.
- Take an affidavit outlining the circumstances regarding the damaged or missing license.
- To submit the affidavit, the stipulated fee payment receipt, and any other necessary papers, proceed to the Secretary, Licensing Borad.
- Your application will be examined, and if all the justifications given are true, you will be given a duplicate license.
The Location of the Electricity Board’s Head Office
1st floor, Vidyut Bhawan,
Jawaharlal Nehru Marg,Bailey Raod
Patna, Bihar – 800001
Phone no : 0612-2504036