How to Apply Electrical Contractor License Delhi, Fee, Process, Online
The electricity department is taken care of by the Municipal Council of New Delhi(NDMC). This is responsible for providing power and all other electricity related works like installations of power meters, lifts , transformers and any other electrical systems to all consumers including government bodies falling under its jurisdiction.
In addition to the aforementioned, NDMC offices (commercial offices,schools,hospitals),NDMC residential flats, and NDMC electrical maintenance are also taken care of by them.
An electrical contractor is the person who takes care of all the electrical installation of systems in a given jurisdiction. This license is issued by the Assistant Electrical Inspector.
Who is Eligible to Get an Electrical Contractor’s License?
- The applicant must be staying in Delhi and should have his firm or company located in Delhi.
- The applicant should employ the following people to do all the electrical works.
- An electrical supervisor who has a certificate of competency Class-I.
- An electrician who has a Certificate of Competency Class-II.
- The applicant should have all the required testing instruments in working condition for testing all the electrical installation work. He should also submit them when asked during the inspection.
- The applicant should pay a prescribed fee of Rs 5000/- ( Treasury Challan) in any designated bank or through online e-payment.
All the required documents to get an electrical contractor’s license
The applicant should submit the following documents along with the filled application form.
- Fill in the application form ( Form A).
- Resident / Address Proof of Delhi. It can be either a Driving License/Voter Card/Aadhar Card/Passport or a passbook issued by any bank or post office.
- Undertaking form stating the employment of electrical supervisors (Class-I) and electricians (CLass-II) for carrying out all the electrical work and installations.
- In case of any partnership with any firm/ company, they should produce the authorization letter.
- Original copy of the receipt of online fee payment.
How to Apply
- Fill in the application form ( Form A). You can download it from the website: https://labour.delhi.gov.in/content/electrical-inspectorate.
- Keep copies of all the documents stated in the required documents section ready.
- Now, go to the New Municipal Council of Delhi and submit the application form along with the necessary documentation.
- The application now goes through the scrutiny procedure after it is submitted.
- If the application is correctly filed, it will be accepted and you will be granted the electrical contractor license.
How to Get the License?
Once the license is issued, you can download it from the website portal:https://labour.delhi.gov.in/
Time period for granting an electrical contractor a license.
The Electrical Contractors License will be issued within 7 days from the date of submitting the application form.
NOTE: All the documents should be correct to get the license.
Validity of the License
The license issued will be granted initially for a span of 25 years.
The Procedure for Renewal of the License
- If the applicant wishes to renew the license after the initial span of 25 years, it will be renewed for a 10 year period.
- The applicant needs to pay a renewal fee of Rs 2500/- through a treasury challan in any designated bank / Online payment.
Duplicate Copy Issuance
- The fee for issuing a duplicate copy of the licence is Rs1000/-, You can pay the same through a treasury Challan at any designated bank or you can make an online e-payment.
- The license holder can reapply for the license if it is lost or damaged. He/She needs to submit the required documents stated below at the Municipal council, Delhi.
- Two passport size photographs
- Copy of Receipt of Treasury Challan or online e-payment.
- A written copy of the FIR indicating that you informed the police.
Changes in the Electrical Contractors’ License
- If the license holder wishes to change the address of their business location / shop or change the constitution of their firm / corporation should submit their license to the assistant electrical inspector along with an application form explaining the nature and reasons for the amendment .
- The license holder should also pay an amendment fee of Rs 1000/- through a treasury challan in any bank or online payment.
- The changes will be made within 3 days of receiving the application form and the Treasury Challan receipt.
- A maximum of four amendments can be made on any license.
You are free to visit the Municipal Council,Delhi if you have any questions regarding the status of the application and license.
The Office Address for Correspondence
New Delhi Municipal Council
NDMC Head Office.
24/7 Helpline no: 1533
Exchange No.PABX : 41501354-60