Electrician ( Wireman) License Delhi – Application form, Process, and Eligibility
An electrician ( wireman) license in Delhi allows you to work as an electrician in the National Capital Territory of Delhi. As an electrician ,you can work for an electrical contractor to carry out all the electrical installation work. For this, you need to have a Certificate of Competency Class- II.
This Certificate of Competency Class- II is issued by the Assistant Electrical Inspector.
The electricity department is taken care of by the Municipal Council of New Delhi(NDMC). It takes care of all the electrical works in the jurisdiction like power supply,installations of power meters, lifts etc..
Who is Eligible for the Certificate of Competency Class-II ?
The applicant who is applying for the Competency Certificate Class -II
- Should have passed ITI from a recognised University/ Institution in the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
- Should have completed three years of apprenticeship course through a apprenticeship advisor, Government of New Delhi.
- Should have completed multi-skill courses under a craftsman training scheme from ITI’s (one year broad based training course in the electrical sector with specialized courses of 6 months in the 2nd year)
- The maximum age limit of the applicant should be 65 years.
Fees for the Examination
- Rs 1000/-
- You can deposit this amount using a Treasury Challan in the designated bank or you can simply make an online e-payment.
- Duly filled out Application Form-C.
- Copy of ITI Certificate
- Copy of the address proof stating you live in Delhi ( either a Driving License/ Election Card/ passbook given by any bank or post office)
- Copy of the experience certificates
- Copy of Aadhar Card
- Two passport size photographs
- Receipt of the Treasury Challan (or) Receipt of Online Payment showing the payment of the prescribed fees.
Process of Applying
- The applicant needs to fill in the application form with all the required details.
- The next step is to pay the treasury challan amount at any designated bank or just online.
- Take the required documents with all the necessary document copies and walk to the New Municipal Council, Delhi.
- The application once submitted correctly, goes through a scrutiny check.
- If all the details and your experience are correct, the Assistant Electrical Inspector will grant you the competency certificate class-II
Time Taken to Grant the License
- The Certificate of Competency Class-II (Electrician) shall be issued within 7 days after receipt of the application.
Validity of the License
- The Certificate of Competency Class -II ( Electrician) is valid until the applicant age is 65 years.
How to get the License ?
- Once the license is issued, you can download it from the website of the Labour Department. The portal link is : https://labour.delhi.gov.in/
Issuance of Duplicate Gopy
- If the license issued to the person is damaged or lost due to any reason, he / she should file a complaint at the nearby police station and file a FIR.
- Take the FIR copy along with a written application with two passport photos and receipt of the treasury challan or e-payment to the Municipal Council, Delhi and submit.
- The fees for issuing the duplicate copy is Rs 250/-
- The duplicate copy will be issued within 3 days.
Renewal of the License
- Any license issued with limited validity (prior to 65 age criteria) can be renewed once the time span is completed.
- The certificate holder can apply to extend the validity up to 65 years of age by paying a prescribed amount of fees through a treasury challan.
You can visit the office of the Municipal Council if you have any queries regarding your application status or the issue of the license.
Address for Communication
New Delhi Municipal Council,NDMC Head Office.
24/7 Helpline no: 1533
Exchange No.PABX : 41501354-60