Electrical Wiremen’s License, Bihar- Qualification Required and Application Form
The Bihar State Power Holding Company Limited (BSPHCL) is responsible for providing power to the state as well as taking care of all the electricity related installations and work throughout Bihar. The power activities of the state are split into two zones : North Bihar Zone and the South Bihar Zone.
The website address for BSPHCL is https://www.bsphcl.co.in/ , here you get to know all the details regarding the power projects and electrical works going on in the state.
The Electrical Wiremen’s License is issued by the Government of Bihar to any citizen having their domicile in that state. This is given for working as a registered electrical wireman under an electrical contractor.
You can visit the Licensing Board Office to find out about the notification of the license.
What are the Qualifications Required to get the Wireman’s License?
- The applicant should be a 10th grade pass with a minimum of one year of practical experience in electrical work and installations.
Age Limit of the Applicant
- The applicant should have a minimum age of 18 years to get the wireman license.
What Documents are Needed to Apply for the Wireman’s Lcense?
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Tenth class pass certificate
- School leaving certificate
- Address proof ( Ration card/ passbook of bank or postoffice / rental agreement)
- Aadhar Card copy
- Receipt of the original Challan of prescribed fees
- Three copies of recent passport size photos
- Good conduct certificate from a person who knows you for more than 5 years.
- Experience Certificate if asked.
What is the Fee for Applying for an Electrical Wireman’s License?
- The applicant applying for a first time license should pay a fee of Rs 25/- only.
- For every renewal of the license before the stated time period is Rs 10/-
- For every renewal of the license after the stated time period, it is Rs 25/- along with a fine of Rs 5/-
- For issuing a duplicate copy or a second license ,the fee is Rs 25/-.
- The applicant applying for the wireman license should give an examination.
- Applicant needs to attend an oral exam followed by practicals.
- There will be no written test.
- The applicant needs to carry all the required documents mentioned in the above section and walk into the Licensing Board office.
- Ask for the wireman’s license application form and fill it out completely as needed.
- Next, he/she needs to submit the application form along with the documents attached to it.
- Now, the application will go into the scrutiny check process for verification.
- Once all the documents are verified and correct, the applicant will get the admit card for the examination.
- The candidate must then appear for the examination on the given date.
- If the applicant passes the exam, he/she will be issued the license.
- The processing time for the license is 90 days.
What is the Validity and How to Renew the Wireman’s License?
- The license will be issued for three years initially.
- After the stated time, the license holder needs to renew it every 3 years.
How Can We Issue a Duplicate Copy of the Wireman’s License?
- When the license holder has lost his license or has gotten damaged for various reasons, can always apply for a duplicate copy.
- The applicant should take an affidavit stating the reason for the lost license and go to the Secretary, Licensing Board Office and submit the application.
- They will ask you to pay an amount to issue the license.
- The application will be verified and you will be given a duplicate copy.
The Head Quarters of the Electricity Board
1st floor, Vidyut Bhawan,
Jawaharlal Nehru Marg,Bailey Raod
Patna, Bihar – 800001
Phone no : 0612-2504036