Electrical contractor License in West Bengal:
The electrical licensing Board shall grant the licenses for carrying electrical installation works for maximum of period of five years. After completion of initial license, you can renew it for 10 years.
Eligibility for electrical contractor:
- One supervisor competency certificate holder + 50% of the workman should have workman permit
- Must have electrical material asset worth of ₹ 20,000/-. In case of if you can not able to maintain your asset means, you can try this Asset management systems by swainsmith.com
- Shall maintain the attendance register for the supervisor and the work man. The same will be verified during the inspectorate verification.
- After completion of work, the contractor shall submit the test report of Measures relating to Safety and Electric supply equipment to the board and the test report must be signed by the supervisor and the contractor holder.
- If the holder of this license accepts an employment under any other firm or person for the purpose of carrying out or supervising any electrical installation work coming within the purview of Regulation 29(1) of the Central Electricity Authority (Measures relating to Safety and Electric supply) Regulations, 2010 as amended this license shall be invalid and the holder shall return the same to the Secretary for cancellation.
- This license shall be invalid if the holder thereof ceases to have in his possession the instruments necessary for carrying out the tests prescribed for the class or classes of work upon which he is engaged.
- The holder of this license shall send intimation to the Secretary of the Licensing Board in writing within the periods specified below as to every change of- (1) address of the place of business within two months of such change; (2) proprietor within seven days of such change; or (3) agent or manager (in case of a limited company) within seven days of such change and shall also send similar intimation as to dissolution of partnership within seven days of the date of such dissolution.
How to Apply Electrical contractor license:
- Shall pay ₹ 10,000 as application fee. Online Apply
- Shall fill the Form Form D
- Test report of electrical equipment such as 500 V ohm meter, earth tester, DC, AC current and voltage measurement meter.
- Handover the application form to the electrical licensing board.
After completion of successful submission, the board verify the documents and issue the electrical contractor license.