Induction stove power consumption Calculator:
Enter the induction stove/cooktop electricity wattage (It is available in the stove bottom side) and the operating hours. Then press the calculate button to get the induction stove power consumption and the electricity bill cost.
Note: According to Frontier energy report, the induction stove consumes 0.107536191kWh for boiling one-litre water from 21 degrees to 93 degrees.
By default, we have entered the Usha Cook Joy (3616) 1600-Watt Induction Cooktop (Black- amazon) details for 3 hours operating.
Induction stove power consumption Formula:
Induction stove power consumption in kWh is equal to the product of power rating in watts and the working hours divided by 1000. Hence the induction stove consumption formula can be,
kWh = Watts x Operating Hours / 1000
kWh per month = 30 x Watts x Operating Hours / 1000,
kWh per yearly = 365 x Watts x Operating Hours / 1000,
Electricity bill calculation:
Electricity bill is equal to the product of the induction stove power consumption kWh and the per-unit rate. Hence,
Total electricity bill = kWh x Per unit rate.
Induction stove power consumption Calculation;
Let we take an example of Prestige PIC 15.0+ 1900-Watt Induction Cooktop (Black – Amazon) induction stove. Calculate the electricity consumption and the electricity bill per day, per month and year. Take per unit as 3.00/-. The stove operates 3 hours per day.
According to the cooktop technical sheet, it consumes 1900 watts per hour. Hence for calculating per day consumption,
Per day = 1900 x 3 / 1000 = 5.7 kWh.
Look at the overall table of power consumption and electricity bill per day, per month and per year.
|Induction Stove Power Consumption -3 Hours|
Power saving Tips:
In Induction stove the following power consumption components are contributing consists of power the copper coil, cooling fan and PCB board.
- Buy copper coil stove instead of aluminium coil stove. since aluminium coil resistivity is higher than the copper; by the way, we can reduce the coil copper loss.
- Do not run the stove continuously, since while running the stove for longer times consumes higher electricity. The reason is copper has positive temperature co-efficient.
- Turn off the induction stove whenever it is not required. Since the stove consumes 5 to 10 watts under ready position.
- Turn off the stove after completion of the work, since the inbuilt fan has designed to run a few hours extra to cool the coil. Since after switching off the stove, the coil will be cooled by natural cooling.
- Use induction supported Vessels. i.e aluminium pots/vessels do not work under induction stove. In case, if you use aluminium mixed pot means, the energy conversion ratio (electrical to heat) will be less. Always use sliver pots.
- Use appropriate/OEM (original equipment manufacturer) temperature settings recommendation. Since induction stove efficiency will be higher than the random temperature settings.
- Use proper timer setting for heating anything, since we may opt to some work while using the induction stove. During that time, we forget to switch off the stove, it causes loss of electricity. The best example is “heating the water”. Many of us may experience this instant. We just use the stove while heating the water. But the water goes to the boiling stage. Using the timer on and off is the great trick to saving power.
If you have any other electricity savings tips, please let us comment below.