Microwave Oven Power consumption Calculator:
Enter the microwave wattage in watts, working time in hours and the per-unit rate then press the calculate button to get microwave oven power consumption in kWh.
By default, we have entered Panasonic 27L Convection Microwave Oven(NN-CT645BFDG, Black, Magic Grill – Amazon) 1400 watts and which runs daily one hour per day.
Note: One unit = 1 kWh
Micro Oven Power consumption calculation:
Microwave oven power consumption E(kWh) in kilowatts hours is equal to the product of the wattage P(W) in Watts and oven running hours Hr divided by 1000. The formula for calculating the power consumption of the microwave oven can be written as,
Microwave oven electricity consumption Per Day E(kWh) = P(W) x Hr / 1000.
The above formula is suitable for calculating per day power consumption, in case if you want consumption monthly and yearly means, you have to use the below formula,
Microwave oven electricity consumption Per Month E(kWh-monthly) = 30 x P(W) x Hr / 1000.
Microwave oven electricity consumption Per Yearly E(kWh-yearly) = 365 x P(W) x Hr / 1000.
How to calculate the electricity bill of a microwave oven:?
Do you know? Microwave oven contributes 10% of your electricity bill. The electricity bill is equal to the product of the microwave oven per day consumption and the per-unit rate.
Electricity bill = E(kWh) x per unit rate.
The above formula is suitable for per day bill, for calculating monthly and yearly,
Electricity bill per month = 30 x E(kWh) x per unit rate.
Electricity bill per year = 365 x E(kWh) x per unit rate.
Let we calculate the electricity consumption and the electricity bill of Samsung 28 L Convection Microwave Oven (CE1041DSB2/TL, Black, Slim Fry) per day, per month and per year. The oven will be operated 2 hours per day and consider the per-unit rate as 3.00/-.
According to the microwave oven datasheet, it consumes 2900 watts per hour. Look at the table of microwave oven power consumption and electricity bill per hour, per day, per month and per year.
|Microwave Power Consumption -2 Hours|
Energy consumption Parts in Microwave Oven:
There is three models of the microwave oven are there such as Solo, Grill, and Convection. In this, Solo microwave oven shall have the only option to heat/warming the food. Grill oven is used to apply direct heat to the meat (fish, chicken, mutton). A convection microwave oven is used to bake food (cookies, cakes etc.).
According to theguardian.com, for heating one-litre water from 20 deg to 90 deg by using microwave oven which consumes 0.139kWh. It is higher than the induction stove consumption of 0.107536191 kWh for the same process.
Typically, microwave over power rating is available from 500 watts to 5000 watts.
Power saving Tips in Microwave Oven:
- Avoid re-heating the foot immediate from the refrigerator. Since higher wet condition increases the higher electricity consumption.
- Try to use the microwave oven only when the need for food instantly. Otherwise use traditional cooking methods. i.e a tradition gas stove consumes 0.104 kWh (3,76,500 Joules) for boiling water from 20 to 90deg but microwave oven consumes 0.139kWh for one litre. Look at the difference the microwave consumes 30% higher than the traditional cooking.
- Use convection mode which has higher efficiency of cooking in a microwave oven.
- Try to use the one-time cooking formula “all in one time”. I mean make proper arrangement inside the turntable. Since improper way arrangement may lead to operating the oven multiple times.
- Calculate the exact timing required for cooking your regular food rather than cooking blindly. Also, you can set the timer for turn off the microwave oven after completion of the cooking time.
- Clean the oven periodically, otherwise, the waste food will lead to consuming extra electricity.
If you have any idea about power saving on the microwave oven, please leave a comment below.