Electrical wireman license Kerala:
In Kerala electrical wireman license is used for allowing the licensee for conducting electrical work such as government electrical tender, electrical repair etc. According to CEIG Kerala, the electrical wireman license has two categories such as getting the license via Exam and the getting certificate without exam. In this article you are going to learn about the step by step procedure to get the electrical license in Kerala state.
Wireman license eligibility:
Without ITI certificate:
- The candidate should have completed SSLC or one year electrical wireman course conducted by an institution recognized by the KSELB.
- The age Limit between 18 to 65 years.
- One year Apprenticeship after registering as Wireman apprentice in Electrical Inspectorate
With ITI certificate:
- The candidate age between 18 to 65 years
- ITI certificate in branch of Electrician, Wireman, or who have passes electrical engineering in Kerala Government Certificate Examination.
Note that, experience candidate is exempted from the examination.
How to Apply wireman license:
There are two part of application is available one is exempted examination and another one is examination.
- Download the application form from this link (exam & Non exam) or visit ceikerala.gov.in or you can collect the application form from the of the Department of Electrical Inspectorate.
- Pay the application charges of rs 110/- for examination candidate and 220 for exempted examination candidate.
- Attach the copy of education qualification certificate and experience certificate (as in the form) with the attestation of Gazette Officer
- You should write on the Cover “ Application for Electrical Wireman”
- Send the application form to the below address. Kerala State Electricity Licensing Board, Department of Electrical Inspectorate, Housing Board Buildings, Shanthi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram 695 001.
The examination date will be announced after verification of the certificate.
Examination Syllabus is at par with I.T.I. (Electrician) Examination. And the examination will be held Two Hours Written Examination and Three hours Practical Examination for those qualify in the written Examination
For non-exempted candidate, the wireman license will be issued if the qualification meets our requirement. Also the On Request, Successful candidate will be issued Wireman permit and Competency Certificate Fee for issue of Wireman permit and Competency Certificate Rs 430 /- Head of Account : 0043 – 00 – 800 –99.
The permits are to be renewed once in 5 years (₹220 – fee) or 10 years (₹430 – fee)
My suggestion is you to renew the same for 5 years. Since the renewal terms will be changed according to KSELB.
For More information please download and read official document.
I have certificate of ITI electronic mechanical. Sir How can get wiring licence?