Electrical Supervisor License Kerala:
Electrical supervisor license Kerala has three categories such as electrical supervisor license Grade A, electrical supervisor Grade B and the electrical supervisor for mines.
Work Limit for Grade A Supervisor:
- All LT / MV Electrical Installations, MV Generator upto 500 kVA, HT Installation upto 500 kVA Transformer.
- All LT / MV / HT Electrical Installations.
- All LT / MV / HT / EHT Installations.
Work Limit for Grade B Supervisor:
- All LT / MV Electrical Installations upto 25 k W (for those who have secured 130 marks out of 300)
- All LT / MV Electrical Installations upto 50 k W (for those who have secured 180 marks out of 300)
- All LT / MV Electrical Installations upto 150 k W
- All LT / MV Electrical Installations
In this, Eligibility for electrical supervisor license Exemption for Exam:
Electrical supervisor license A grade:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering with one year experience or Diploma in Electrical Engineering with three years’ experience under the HT, EHT consumers or under a licensed Electrical Contractor.
Electrical supervisor license B grade:
- Grade B is for Degree in Electrical Engineering or Diploma in Electrical Engineering with one year experience.
Documents required for electrical supervisor license:
- True copy of certificate duly attested by a Gazetted Officer to prove Qualifications, Date of birth and Experience
- Original challan for the remittance of fee in a Government Treasury under the head of Account “0043 – 00 – 800 – 99”.
- Two Nos. of self addressed stamped envelope of size 20 cm x 14 cm.
The experience certificate should be filled in the given KSELB form (As given below).
Electrical supervisor license Mining:
For mining supervisor license BE/B.Tech in electrical engineering with one year examination or diploma in electrical engineering with two year experience.
Documents for supervisor mining:
- Orginal copy (Xerox) of certificates duly attested by a Gazetted Officer to prove Date of birth between 18 to 65, Qualifications and Experience (True copy of I.T.I. Certificate should be attested by a Gazetted Officer in the Department of Electrical Inspectorate )
- Original challan receipt for the remittance of the fee prescribed, remitted in a Government Treasury under the head of account “ 0043 – 00 – 800 – 99 ”.
- Two passport size photographs attested by a Gazetted Officer (on the back side, stating that this is the true photograph of Shri / Smt your name)
- Two specimen signatures duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- Self-addressed and stamped envelope of size 20 cm x 14 cm
How to apply electrical supervisor (exempted).
- Attaché all the documents along with the application form.
- Pay the application fee of 360 INR to Head of Account : 0043 – 00 – 800 –99.
- Put them in an envelope and write it on as “For Electrical Supervisor ( Exemption)”
- Send it to The Secretary Kerala State Electricity Licensing Board, Department of Electrical Inspectorate, Housing Board Buildings, Shanti Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram 695 001.
The licensing board verifies your document and they issue your electrical competency certificate. It requires minimum 6 month from the date of application.
Electrical supervisor license Grade B examination category:
- SSLC with 10 year of electrical experience in class C contractor or ITI with the two year of electrical work experience or SSLC and having five year of practical experience with wireman permit ( four years after taking wireman permit and one year apprentice period.
- Age limit between 18 to 65 years.
Note that, for getting grade A license, you should get grade B first. Grade A license does not have any examination.
How to apply:
- Download the electrical supervisor license for examination application form.
- Pay the fee of 110 to Head of Account : 0043 – 00 – 800 –99
- Send the application form to the The Secretary, Kerala State Electricity Licensing Board
- Office of the Chief Electrical Inspector, Housing Board Buildings, Shanthi Nagar, Trivandrum 695 001.
Fee for issue of Supervisor permit and Competency Certificate: Rs 720 /- Head of Account : 0043 – 00 – 800 –99. The certificate is to be renewed once in 5 years once.