Electrical supervisor licence Karnataka:
Electrical supervisor licence in Karnataka allows the licence to monitor or supervise any kind of electrical installation work within Karnataka state. The supervisor licence split into two categories based on the qualification and work experience. They are supervisor grade 1 and supervisor grade-2. Let us see electrical licence details, eligibility, application form, examination syllabus, fees etc.
Karnataka Electrical supervisor licence Grade-1:
In this, the licence shall monitor any kind of electrical installation from low volts to an extra-high voltage level. Also, each electrical contractor should have at least one supervisor licence holder in their workforce.
Eligibility & How to Apply:
- Attain a minimum of 18+ years
- Applicant should have any bachelor degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering or any degree which is approved by Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Karnataka, Bangalore
- You should have passed an examination conducted by the Board.
- The applicant does not have any mark of pervious penalization as per rule 37. If yes, then she/he shall not be eligible for the application.
- Educational certificate as mentioned in point 2, shall have been attested by Electrical Inspectorate
- Three recent passport size photo along with your signature and the same attested by Electrical Inspectorate or above officer grade.
- Enter your address on the envelope and fix the mandatory postage stamp.
- Photo identity along with your address proof identity shall be included.
- The applicant should pay ₹ 500/- as application processing charges.
- Submit the Original medical certificate and which has taken not later than one month from the date of application.
- Also, you should apply for examination as per Annexure -1. The location will be the Bangalore centre and at either Hubli or Dharwad.
After preparing all the above documents to submit it to Bangalore electrical licensing board. Then they call for an exam and after passing the board issue the certificate for one year.
Application form Page 47: Download The supervisor License Form
Karnataka Electrical supervisor licence Grade-2:
Grade 2 supervisor licence use to monitor the electrical installation work up to 33kV. This is the next level of wireman grade-1 licence. The application procedure is the same as the supervisor’s grade-1 with the special requirements as mentioned below,
- Must be residing in Karnataka along with the local proof.
- You should have valid Electrical Wireman Grade 1 or Grade 2 licence. In that, you should have worked under a Licensed Electrical Contractor or any other Industry which is having Special wiring permit. And for the grade-2 applicant should have worked a minimum period of three years as Wireman and for grade -1 applicant should have worked in minimum period of one year as Wireman with a valid Electrical wireman grade -1 licence.
Application form at Page 43: Download
Supervisor licence for mines:
It is a special licence for working for mines. An electrical supervisor is working in mines means, then they should have mining electrical supervisor licence. All the process is the same but the applicant should have electrical licence grade-1 and grade 2.